The dark side of Oz

Ok I'll just start by posting this, based on the sketch I posted the other day :D (Juna)

So I had plans to finish and post this on sunday (march 31st), for Sakamoto Maaya's birthday. I failed in making it on time but I had a good reason (will explain later), but hey! here it is :D
Super happy to finally make an Arjuna fanart~ I think I managed to capture the feel of this anime.

Sakamoto Maaya is one of my most favourite singers, and some of this soundtrack is sang by her. If you have a chance to hear it, do it! It's composed by Kanno Yoko so it's guaranteed epicness.

I promisse next time I'll make something more colorful :3

I didn't finish it on sunday partially because my health isn't doing too good (I had been neglecting my hipothyroidism D:) and because I had just done reading the Wizard of Oz. I downloaded a whole bunch of books in my iPod and I read myself to sleep everynight.

After reading it.. I might have discovered how a child feels like when they are told Santa doesn't exist T__T
Partially my fault because I never seen the movie before or read the book for that matter. I DIDN'T KNOW OZ WASN'T A WIZARD AT ALL ;O;
I knew the story and characters superficially, and the morale of the story but.. I NEVER KNEW IT, MAN..
After that, I just HAD to watch the movie. The one from 1939 of course, because my father was a Pink Floyd fan and most of us know how that movie is linked to The dark side of the moon.
SO OBVIOUSLY I HAD TO WATCH BOTH VERSIONS, with original audio and the one sync'ed with The dark side. AMAZING.

I noticed a few differences between the book and movie, but I thought it was a brilliant and great adaptation. I have to say the "silver shoes" that in the movie are ruby were quite dazzling! *u* I expected more blue in the munchkins' land. But as I said, brilliant! And I often don't like movie based on books

So I made a sketch based on the moment the bad witch of the west appears for the first time in front of Dorothy as she is, and the North witch sort of protects her.
I believe I'll still make some changes in this, but basically this is the idea I had in mind~


At last, leaving the best sync'ed version I found of the movie 'D' 
Is it possible I like this album even more now?? This is really perfection T___T
It's really scary how synchronized it is~ really amazing


Comments

Popular Posts