New avatar : D

Edit: just updating it with the silly gif
I need more animation skills xD
It's something /o\

Phew! Finished!
From last post, my new ID/ avatar kind of thing for my deviantArt and elsewhere XD
Pixel art is a lot of work but it was fun as well~ it was kind of therapeutic. I really enjoyed!

I've read most tutorials on this list [link] plus some others I picked randomly on google.
I've used both Paint Tool SAI and Photoshop CS for it. (Binary tool on SAI and pencil tool on Photoshop for those who doesn't know what tool to use - like I didn't ;u; )

When I resized to 50x50 (dA's icon size), I thought it looked strange so I increased some of the contrast to look better on that scale:

(I also changed the mouth shape at this point)
But I screwed something by not saving in the correct file size (maximum is 50kb for avatars) and in the end I kept the original mouth and this is how it currently looks:

Ahhh I don't know when I'll do pixel art again XD But I definitelly learned to respect pixel artists (even) more~
I feel like I accomplished something by knowing how it's done even though I cheated a little on dithering lol 
And I get to have new icon and ID~

Comments

Popular Posts