Progress - Cancer

Showing a bit of my creative process :)
Music lyrics and books are my favourite source of inspiration as I enjoy creating a story for my drawings; they help me create an environment, a meaning, a direction. I believe that feelings and empathy are very important, not only for me as an artist, but for the viewer as well.
So for this one drawing, I used a quote by Haruki Murakami, that says:
Possibilities are like cancer. The more I think about them, the more they multiply, and there is no way to stop them. I'm out of control. (Dance, Dance, Dance)
I roughly sketched and started with some watercolor stains all over, very intuitively to be honest, safe for her pink cheeks (I love pink cheeks! ahaha). I always draw/ paint these on my regular Canson sketchbook, nothing fancy, no watercolor paper.

Drawing with friends always helps! At this point, I started inking with a cheap blue ink that I love.

Closer up


End~.

Comments

Popular Posts