Inktober 2016

I want to talk about inktober.
It is a lovely yearly artistic event that consists in the idea of making (at least) one drawing a day, with ink, during the month of October. This will be my third inktober year, and I'm so excited! It is my favourite art event, because it has saved me.

Well you see, I was a puddle of apathy. But I'll get to it in a sec.

These are the arts I made back in 2014 and 2015, respectively. 


And finally, this year's:

I first heard about inktober back in 2012 and although I wanted to participate real badly, I was in such a bad place - both emotional and physically speaking - that I couldn't bring myself to do anything after a long period of being sick. That really sucked! 

I was unproductive so I felt like shit. I felt like shit, so I didn't feel like doing anything. 

In the following year, I almost convinced myself to do it, but I felt like it was SO overwhelming! Finishing one drawing everyday?? Impossible!
I lacked the discipline, I didn't study art or any form of drawing, would only draw perhaps once a week and would take AGES to finish a single piece. Yeahhh, those were dark times. 

But I promissed myself I would do it next year. And I kept my word on it!
It felt INSANELY rewarding the more I did it, I found my lost passion about drawing and doing art in general and that's when I bought my first sketchbook: I loved how my drawings built up throughout that month, I WAS HOOKED.
I felt so accomplished, it didn't matter if my drawings looked like crap, I had made it! There were days when I had no idea of what to draw, there were days I didn't have much leisure time to work on art, and I felt so proud of myself for going through that month of drawing everyday. 

It wasn't (and still isn't) about the outcome, whether those drawings were looking nice or not. 
You're a hero if you're drawing everyday. 
That's why I love inktober. <3 p="">

Comments

Popular Posts