Rain Magician


Gift for Gelly <3 Her original character ~
A rain magician whose umbrella's insides shows opposite weather from outside. He has a dog that's always wet!
I had this idea after I saw some of her sketches in which his friend, Fog Magician, brought him some cold tea to cheer him up. Don't ask me why I choose to put him in the tea cup though! lol
Ahhh this character was so much fun to work with!!

Now to fill this post, some progress shots of it :P

This is the initial sketch, done on Pain Tool SAI~
I scribble a lot and only worry about cleaning up after I'm satisfied with the overall idea. Sometimes it takes me a long time to make my idea develop ;_;

I forgot to take more screenshots but don't know if it was necessary, lol. I color mostly on 2 or so layers on Photoshop using one of the default brushes for blending. 
I worried about adding shine from inside the umbrella and making the background not so flat.

Later on, I add another layer on top with a different blending mode (usually overlay or vivid light) and add some random color blots around, manipulate to my liking.
In this case, I had this rusty free texture from cgtextures.com (sorry I don't have the link anymore as I downloaded this so long ago), manipulated a little and added on top of everything in a different blending mode. And, tadaaaa : D

Wrapping this post up with a random image my friend and I produced at a paint chat
I'm the blue bunny and my friend is pink bunny :D
We couldn't draw to save our lives in any paintchats as our tablets kept clicking instead of drawing... but somehow managed to do this lol

"TAKE EVERYTHING, SPARE MY LIFEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts