Unpretty

Yay, it is done! I gotta say, my comfort zone is drawing portraits/ bust up. I know, so lazy of me D: But hey! Trying to improve even if just a little~ I have been reading quite a lot of tutorials (if you wanna mention any, I deeply appreaciate XD) and I think I'm ready to get out of the comfort zone since I am content with my style, now. I'm just gonna embrace anime because it makes me happy!

Progress shots are in previous entries: #1 and #2



I have accepted the fact that it is much easier for me to work with just one layer, or two. I just start to sketch and then refining till I have some sort of outline, then work filling spaces up. I rather just "erase" by filling with the background color or whatever than dealing with a lot of layers lol.
I also have a liking to paintings with a certain roughness, and brush strokes~


Well, for the drawing itself!
I had mentioned before about my idea for this picture and it was inspired in TLC's "Unpretty" music video.
Goodness, I loved this video since I first saw it back then, still a teenager -/sob years go by so fast...

I still find both song and video beautiful (but the nostalgia might be speaking here).
I wanted to somehow express about conqueering acceptance over the inner conflicts one can go through in the course of their lives.

I talk a lot, don't I?  ( • ∀•)


Still on the music subject. I was remembering how in highschool I was so addicted to pump it up.. yes.. I was such a DDR freak! hahahah
So I started to search some of the songs I used to love to dance omg ;_; the nostalgiaaaaaaaa
Because I cannot resist, will embed one video of one of the songs T_T sorry
I loved the classical songs remixes *u*

Alright I think that's it XD
Untill next time~
<3

Comments

Popular Posts